Sunday, June 30, 2013

Every Day a Lucky Day

Riding in the car with a little boy who has just turned 6 can be lots of fun.  Little boys see things we grown-ups don’t.  They entertain themselves while locked in to their car seats in ways that bring smiles.  They sing songs they’ve made up.  They make observations about the world and their place in it that make you think or make you laugh.  In general, they enjoy life.

So without further ado, a song and a witticism from my own favorite 6-year-old boy as we drove home.

Lucky day
lucky day
2 quarters and a lollipop
lucky day
every day
lucky day
my birthday
happy day
lucky day

***

I like country people
but I sure don’t like their songs.

***

2 comments:

  1. In a week of quiet reflection for myself-during my vacation- searching for peace and joy. How wonderful to return to the "world" I live in and find that God has blessed me with the simplicity I sought while away (and achieved)waiting for me at a place that has been full of things I have not desired.

    Thank Rowan for his joy in life and Thank youself for helping me reclaim my space at home.

    Oh how I have laughed and laughed
    Love M

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so glad laughter has filled the spaces and that the wee one and I had a part in making it happen. Welcome home, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete