Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"My" Sacristy

Clergy robes are useful things, I think, but I wear mine in a perpetual state of hotness.  Thus when I begin my ‘duties’ as a minister on Sunday mornings in Headwaters, I delay putting on my robe until I get out of the car.

There, on the side of the road, most times I throw on the robe and scurry across Rt. 250 and head into the chapel.

This Sunday, I took a pause.  As Joe and Cynthia exited their cars at the same time, Joe observed, “nice sacristy”, as we all took in the beauty and wonder surrounding us in these highland mountains.

I’m with Joe: it is indeed a very nice sacristy.

1 comment:

  1. I had to look up Sacristy- (which is the place you put on your vestments/robes- for those who may not know what it is either)

    and now I get your blog- and how cool!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete