Thursday, February 16, 2012

Five Reasons to Have Jon Stewart to Dinner


Creative Commons Attribution-
ShareAlike 2.0 License

There are so many reasons to have Jon Stewart at your dinner table, but here are my top 5 (in ascending order of importance - yes, I’m that kind of gal):

1. Perhaps the greatest facial expressions of disbelief of all time;

2. My favorite newscaster – and unlike Tucker Carlson, I actually know that it’s the pretend news, but I stand by my assessment;

3. A wonderful combination of humor and pathos in the same person is pretty rare in my experience - qualities to be treasured;

4. An ability to fill in conversational lags, a definite plus in a dinner guest;

5. But right now, topping my reasons-to-have-Jon-to-dinner is that he might choose to bring A. J. Jacobs with him.  I just finished reading The Know-It-All and had read some time ago Jacobs’ tome on living the Bible literally for a year.  And I’m hopeful that A. J. would bring Julie, his wife (St. Julie, as she’s known in these parts) along.  You see, it’s really Julie I want to meet -- if you've read his books, you'll understand.  And maybe, just maybe, if I suck up enough to Jon Stewart, I can get to meet her – Stewart did, after all, write the blurb on the cover of Jacob’s soft back edition of The Know-It-All.  I’m guessing he’s got some pull, even if indirect and tenuous, with St. Julie.

So what do you say, Jon?  Is Saturday good for you guys?

2 comments:

  1. I do wonder about Julie....either a saint - or just completely comatose & out of it.....
    LOL

    Diane

    ReplyDelete