Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Would the World Be Better if You Came to My Church?

Would the World Be Better if You Came to My Church?

I don’t know.

Do I want you to come to my church for you or for me?  Truth be told, it’s both, and I’m thinking that’s okay.

I want you here for me because in order to be church, there needs to be people.  It’s really that simple.  When it comes to church, more isn’t always better, but some is always good.  And these days, we’re kind of short on some at my church, so we need you.

But our need of you doesn’t necessarily coincide with your need of us.

But sometimes it does.

I want you to come for me, but I also want you to come for you.

Why?

I suppose it’s another pretty simple reason: I love church and it’s been good to and for me and I want to share that with you.

It’s not magic and it sure ain’t Candyland.  But there’s enough good here to want to share.

I hope you’ll come.



2 comments:

  1. Boy...do I understand. It is for us but also for them. I don't know how we became a nation that truly does not need God, but it appears to be so. Yet when things go bad God is the first one blamed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Judy - sounds like lots weighing on your mind hon. See you Saturday? Hugs, Beth

      Delete