Thursday, February 6, 2014

Where I Live: Canoeing in the Snow

Where I live, folk are more likely to be injured by canoeing in the snow than in a car accident (okay, I exaggerate a little, but you heard me: canoeing in the snow).

Let me say it again in case your brain didn’t catch up with the visual imagery: canoeing in the snow.

How does it work?

Well, you get some rope and tie your canoe to your 4-wheeler and then pull it around in the snow – better than tubing, I’m told – until going downhill, as the canoe sails past the 4-wheeler, that is.

I’m not brave enough to give it a try, but I’m betting it was fun – until it wasn’t.  And I doubt it's going to be an Olympic sport any time soon.

But you know what – if you’re going to be injured, wouldn’t you rather it be in a canoe sailing past your husband on the 4-wheeler than in some fender-bender?

I know I would.

(Hat’s off, Missy – you’re braver than I!  Heal quickly, friend.)

2 comments: