Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Just Because I Can’t See You Doesn’t Mean You Aren’t There


The Perseid Meteor Shower will most likely have come and gone this year without the benefit of my eyes having seen it.  

The good news is that it’s raining.

And we are a dry and thirsty land in great need of the rains.

The other news (it’s not bad news, really) is that the cloud cover means I cannot go lay on the warm August sidewalk in front of my house in the wee hours wrapped in my sleeping bag and watch the night sky yield forth its fruit.

But that’s okay – it’s happening whether I see it or not.

And other folk are getting to see it, and maybe they’re laying on their sidewalks wrapped in sleeping bags too.  I hope so.

It’s a great way to watch the night pass by.

Just because I cannot see you doesn’t mean you aren’t there.

That’s a good thing to remember about a whole host of things, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment