Thursday, April 24, 2014

When a Neighbor Sees a Rainbow


Around here, when a neighbor sees a rainbow, she hollers for her husband to call so-and-so and tell them to get outside; there’s a rainbow.  Word spreads in the randomness of our connectedness and everyone (more or less) gets the word.

The other day, I was talking to a friend in Monterey, 10 miles and one large mountain away, when she told me she was watching the most amazing rainbow.  I hurried up and got off the phone to run outside, hoping against hope.

Alas, no rainbow – beautiful sky, but no rainbow.  After just standing and basking in the beauty of the evening for a bit, I went back inside.  But I kept looking out all around to see if it traveled my way – no sightings.

The next day on FB, I saw pictures posted by folk I know to the north, south, east and west of me – rainbow glory as far as 50 miles away.

Surely it was here and I missed it.  Or perhaps not.  Doesn’t matter either way – my neighbors got to see it and that’s plenty good enough for me – blessing and blessed.

For it is a good day when a neighbor gets a rainbow.



No comments:

Post a Comment