Saturday, April 5, 2014

Resting Into Providing God


I love this time of year.  All the signs of spring are upon us: birds are chattering, flowers are in bud, the sun shines and the rains come.

And with the rain, every day things get a bit greener, reminding me of the many references in Scripture to God as our Living Water.

From God’s provision of water to the people Israel, suffering in the desert in Exodus through Jesus’ encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well in the Gospel of John, we are continually reminded that for all our effort, God is our Provider.

I don’t know about you, but that single fact is a great source of comfort and rest for me.  It reminds me that I don’t have to be in charge; that I don’t have to worry; that I can and should do my part and (thankfully, oh, so very thankfully) leave the rest up to God.

Jesus came that we might all find rest and comfort, peace and reconciliation, in and with our God.  Let us be thankful, but even more, let us be rest-filled.

2 comments: