Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Swath of Song


I.

moving through the swath of song
that are the crickets of the nighttime
I bring silence in my wake
each stopping at my approach
courtship – such a private thing


***

II.

walking into the night
away from the temporary
city light feel over the fence
at the fire department 
quickly do I leave the light
feeling behind entering into
the cocoon of darkness 
blanketing this space, this
time I call home

it is dark, but it is not quiet
as the cricket boys practically
scream their desires into the night

until, that is, I approach,
when silence happens
so sudden it’s like a switch
has been thrown

and I pause at each wave of silence
smiling a smile no one can see
waiting to see if cricket boys will
be fooled by my stillness into 
resuming their song

they’re not
as long as I stand
they watch with their 
night goggles firmly in place
waiting for me to leave

courtship – it’s such a private thing


now that’s a country song

***

[not sure which I like best.  What do you think?]


8 comments:

  1. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very educative! I realized that i still have a lot to learn. I'll add this to bookmarks

    clover
    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking in. I appreciate your comments. Peace & blessings, Beth

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


    joselle
    edupdf.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is absolutely worth to read if anybody comes throughout it. I'm lucky I did because now I've got a whole new view of this. I didn't realize that this issue was so important and so universal. You certainly put it in perspective for me.


    Sherra
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your post a lot! You should write some more on this!Great job coming with such terrific post!


    mocsbar.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your article and for giving us the chance to read it. It is very helpful and encouraging. Visit my site too.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks you, I just subscribe your blog.


    Yong
    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


    ufgop.org
    ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete