Monday, March 19, 2012

Grandma* Gone Bad


Three maple donuts
                                                  
Half a bag of cotton candy

Two hot dogs – with bun – and ketchup

One Mountain Dew

Two pancakes - with maple syrup

One brownie

One capri-sun
This beautiful woman is who Rowen
should have had for a grandmother -
she looks kind, but I can just tell that
she knows how to say ‘no’ to cotton
candy . . . and maple donuts . . .
and pop tarts (especially pop
tarts) . . . well, you get the picture.

Creative Commons:  by Jane Rahman

Countless glasses of juice - mango/peach

Two pop tarts

One Pepsi

Popcorn - with lots of butter & salt to offset all the sugar

And did I mention the maple ice cream?

In 38 hours, I managed to avoid pretty much all the major food groups when feeding my grandson.  In my defense, it was Maple Festival weekend and fair food was pretty much the order of the day.  And who can say no to a charming 4-year-old who has never before experienced cotton candy?  Not me!

So if you want to know how to get what you want out of me - state secrets and all – skip the waterboarding and splinters under the fingernails and just send in the grandson.  I’m putty in his hands.

_______________
*Actually, in my case, the name is ‘Gran’



3 comments:

  1. While I understand you joy- b/c I was once the child who recived the gifts of Grandma-- I am now the parent who stares at my own going-where were these people when I was Growing UP!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete