Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I Friended God Today


I friended (don’t you love that ‘friend’ is now a verb, as in “I friended you.  Why didn’t you friend me back?”) someone today and he responded so quickly that it seemed simultaneous, the asking and the acceptance.

And I ponder prayer . . . and how our prayers are answered (whether to our liking or not is another matter) virtually as the prayer leaves our mouths or hearts . . . as if all God was waiting for was for us to ask.

Wonder what it would be like if we thought of prayer as friending God?

I friended God today . . .
and just as I hit ‘enter’
God accepted me as a friend . . .
Turns out that God had already friended me a long time ago . . .

Turns out God’s been keeping up with my status all along

Turns out God’s been liking what I’ve been up to . . .
most of the time . . .

Turns out God just loves how we all gossip about God on our FB pages
She actually reads every post
every update
checks out every link

I friended God today
Turns out we’re already friends
I don’t know how that works
but I love that it does.

5 comments:

  1. God is the only friend i have i feel i can yell at.....in the whole scheme of god in my life this is a small part but in day to day living it makes a big difference to have a friend like this Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant, Beth - inspired! Thanksxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, I love how you experience God as the friend you can yell at. Me too, though I don't think I ever quite connected the dots so clearly - thanks for giving voice. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jewelry can help you express your feelings of pride and love, and can be wonderful when celebrating an important achievement. Even seemingly small gestures will be treasured for years to come.
    costaricasolarhomes |

    dasunnytechnicalservices |

    dutchlandtechnology |

    echoparkhouses |

    ecohawaiitours |

    ReplyDelete
  5. One can find all methods and figures of fashion blogs when the internet is complete with them. It can focus on the advantage of wearing slender jeans about boyfriend pants or the way in which pink takes the location of ebony plus most of the extras. As you may go on line, you will receive your fill within the latest in fashion trends by fashion blogs. www.theworldnews.us

    ReplyDelete